The judge is in charge of and responsible for the management and conduct of the election at the assigned polling place.
- Resident of Jurisdiction (Precinct, ISD, City, etc)
- Registered Voter
- Not hold an elective public office
- Not be a candidate for public office on the same ballot
- Not be employed by a candidate for public office on the same ballot
- Not be related by second degree to a candidate for public office on the same ballot
- Not be a campaign treasurer or manager of a candidate of that election
- Not be finally convicted of an offense in connection with conduct directly attributable to an election
- Complete approved training
- Democrat and Republican Parties each appoint a judge and alternate for all county voting precincts.
- Commissioners' Court accepts appointments yearly during the month of August.
- Appointments are for one year.