If you disagree with a decision made by the Crime Victims’ Compensation program, you have a right to ask that the decision be reconsidered. In order to appeal a decision, you must follow these steps:
  1. Notify Crime Victims’ Compensation of your dissatisfaction in writing within 30 days of the decision. Please state the reason for your dissatisfaction.
  2. If the outcome of the reconsideration process is not satisfactory, you have 30 days to request a final ruling hearing from the Crime Victims’ Compensation program.
  3. If you do not agree with the outcome of the hearing, you have 40 days from the date of the final hearing to file a written notice of dissatisfaction with the attorney general, and 40 days thereafter to file a lawsuit in the District Court.

Contact Information
For more information or to notify the program / attorney general of your dissatisfaction, please contact:
Attorney General Greg Abbott
Crime Victims’ Compensation
P.O. Box 12198
Austin, TX 78711-2548
Ph: (512) 936-1200
Ph: (800) 983-9933
Fx: (512) 936-1800