It is our mission to build a community of learners, dreamers, and doers by offering a wide variety of materials and programs. We want to serve as a resource for enrichment, entertainment, self-directed learning, and the exploration of ideas by providing a well-balanced collection and programs in various formats by utilizing changing technology.
Special mission: Encourage a love of reading, learning and intellectual curiosity for children, pre-teens and teens.
Collection Development Mission
The Hood County Library strives to collect and maintain a well-rounded collection of materials in various formats to assist its patrons with their personal, educational, and professional needs regardless of age, income, education, religious or political beliefs; and to make no judgment on the nature of individual material requests for the collection. The collection should reflect a diversity of ideas and the interests of the community and its patrons.
Services and Collections
The Hood County Library has been in operation since 1965. Our collection contains more than 57,000 items and is continuously updated.
Our services and collections include:
- Libby - an online virtual branch with hundreds of ebooks and audio titles.
- Hoopla - a digital service that allows library card holders to download ebooks, audiobooks, movies, comics, and music
- Access to TexShare Databases
- Extensive children’s collection
- Genealogical and local history holdings
- Interlibrary loans
- Large print titles
- Media collection with DVDs and audio books
- Ongoing paperback sale sponsored by the Friends of the Library
- Programs for children, teens and adults
- Public access computers with internet
- Free Wi-Fi
- Teen center
- Self-checkout machine
"Like" and "Follow" your library!