Voter ID InformationAs a result of the passing of the Senate Bill 14, voters are now required to present an approved form of photo identification in order to vote in all Texas Elections starting June 29, 2013.
Here is a list of acceptable forms of photo ID:
- Texas driver license issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification card issued by DPS
- Texas personal identification card issued by DPS
- Texas concealed handgun license issued by DPS
- United States military identification card containing the person's photograph
- United States citizenship certificate containing the person's photograph
- United States passport
Here is the list of supporting forms of ID:
*Valid voter registration certificateHow you may get an Election Identification Card with DPS.
*Certified birth certificate (must be original)
* Copy of or original current utility bill
* Copy of or original bank statement
* Copy of or original government check
* Copy of or original paycheck
* Copy of or original government document with your name and an address (original required if it contains a photograph)
To qualify for an Election Identification Card (EIC), you must be:
- Eligible to vote in Texas (show a valid voter registration card or submit a voter registration application to the Department of Public Safety)
- A U.S. citizen
- A Texas resident
- 17 years and 10 months or older
How to Apply
The Texas Election Identification card is free. Fill out the Application for Texas Election Certificate and return it to a driver license office.
Form for Request for Disability Exemption.
Form for Request for Identification Exemption.
You can get more information at VoteTexas.gov or dps.texas.gov